It was about a year ago when I found, as always in Virgin Mega Store, a very interesting bookmark where they usually have them in the book section. It was a metal one with the names of fifty books to read before you die carved on it in very tiny but possible to read letters. Maybe the reason why I liked this bookmark is because I love books and reading, but also because I liked the idea and thought of it as a nice challenge to work on, of course on the long term. I didn’t buy that bookmark, and I didn’t have the time nor the memory to know the names of all the books in there either, but luckily I found them online and ended up creating my own “Fifty books to read before you die” bookmark, what do you think? Would you want to start the challenge yourself too? Read the names of the books down there, maybe you’re lucky to find books you’ve already read on the list. Plus if you know any other books that you think are worth being on the list, you can add them and even make your own list as a challenge and share it with other people.
Here are the books:
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. 1984 by George Orwell
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
5. To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
8. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
9. The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
10. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
11. A Bend in the River by V.S. Naipaul 12. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
“He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter. By study, by reading, by thinking, one may innocently divert and pleasantly entertain himself, as in all weathers, as in all fortunes”, R.H. Barrow.
Have a good reading!